Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I hate Dentists

Having a stranger knuckles deep in my mouth is not my idea of a good time.  I chipped a tooth back in July while scarfing down a piece of cold fried chicken during my lunch break while in rehearsals in Nebraska. Although it was a pretty big chunk, I wasn't in any pain so I decided to let it go until I could visit my own dentist back in PA.  Well here I am only a few days from moving back to school and not a single dentist can see me.  One would think that in the year 2010 I would be able to reach one of the 15 dentists I called at 3:00p on a weekday, but one would be incorrect.  The only option for me to get my tooth fixed, which was now developing sensitivity, was to make an appointment with Sears dental, now DentalWorks.

So, I went in this afternoon to find that my problem was a sizeable cavity which had weakened the structure of the tooth.  Great.  Four shots of novocaine (or whatever they use now), a good drilling, and a brief altercation with a bitchy dental assistant later, I have a brand new filling. 
It's hard to choose my favorite part of local anaesthetic.  I'm torn between the D.M.D. yelling at me to move my toungue out of the way (you numbed it, you jackass, I can't feel where it is), or the fact that I couldn't feel the right side of my face for four hours. 

Needless to say, I will be flossing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment